Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Tax day....grrrrrr......

I am officially tired of being single and having disposable income and having to dispose of it on taxes to the government. Suzy can back me up on this, she has commented before on the training of the welfare class. But when you consider all the blessings we have in this country, it is a small price to pay compared to any other ceveloped country.

So to get over my BLEH tax feeling, I did a little e-commerce retail therapy. No more ordering at the local shop and waiting for it to come in, you just click and drag and input the numbers and a few days later the New Age Santa Claus dressed in UPS brown delivers, just like magic. Fortunately I am able to resist the urge of flipping thru the Allen Brothers catalogue that showed up at my work address today. They have some MIGHTY fine looking beef in that catalogue. I can recommend the 4each 20 ounce bone in Ribeyes. They are a little pricey at $139, but they are top shelf quality and they grill up mighty fine. MMMMM. www.allenbrothers.com if you have the means I highly recommend it.

ps they have free steakburgers or steak dogs with any order over $99.

Nothing like pimping the meat.

Anyways, the bike bling is in the mail and I am eagerly awaiting its arrival, I will hopefully have a work on bike thrash session and get it all assembled this weekend. My cousin is coming in to town to visit with the parents this weekend. Actually the parent. One is going to the great white north for the weekend and the other just had a new knee installed at the ortho floor of the local hospital. She is recupping and taking visitors. Great doctor and the surgery went very well.

I am eagerly awaiting the release of Hot Fuzz this weekend at the movie theaters. It is a followup by the same creators and cast of Shawn of the Dead, which was really funny. It hits theaters this Friday and I will be in Orlando , so I can see it at a real theater with stadium seats, Dolby THX, and maybe even a beer if I can con my cousin into driving.

2 comments:

Clark said...

Fuck the man.


Really.

I mean, with family like Uncle Sam, who needs enemies? I just think of all the cool bike parts, or hell, all the cool complete bikes I could have bought instead of throwing our money into a giant black hole and it makes me mad all over again...

pedalista said...

Think of all the bike manufacturers we would employ with all that disposable income.