Monday, June 18, 2007

Sole food...Fathers day style.....

There we were sitting in Mimi's Cafe in Orlando on Fathers Day Sunday. We had just window shopped the $917 faucet section at the Expo and now we were grubbing up. I was about to go with my old favorite meatloaf or turkey, but I saw the Blackened Sole with Shrimp Creole. Well the Sole wasnt Blackened enough and the Creole was from someplace other than New Orleans, but it was passable and edible and it was a lot lighter fare than the meatloaf or the turkey. Just as we were wrapping up the lunch the waiter started to prepare dessert for another table. We were sitting at the bar area which also serves as the dessert prep area. He whipped out a plate with two pie slice chucks of brownie on it. One on edge and the other flat. Threw it in the nuker for 20 seconds to warm it. Heaped on two scoops of vanilla bean ice cream goodness. Threw the chocolate and caramel drizzle bottles in the nuker and warmed them. Drizzled them both on in a criss cross fashion and then topped it with warmed up walnut crumble stuff. Fortunately mom and dad are on a healthy kick. They passed on dessert and I wasnt about to make them sit there and watch me wolf one down, so I paid the tab and we rolled out quickly before my sweet tooth got the best of me.

2 comments:

Suzy Neal said...

BRAVO Fred! That dessert sounds right up your alley!!

We have been trying to cut back some ourselves in anticipation of good eats on vacation!

Megan: Dyer, Spinner and Weaver said...

My, that sounded delicious. You're a stronger man than I, Fred.