Monday, June 11, 2007

Smugness run amok....

Well maybe not amok, but it is out there and I dont like the smell of it. I went to the Publix website to see if they had info on why my Ground Chuck was Greenwise last week and they did not have the actual rundown on ground beef, but they did list a lot of other info on their other Greenwise products. Publix.com if you are interested. Anyway, I did see this nice little announcement about them opening a full on Greenwise store and here is the actual phrasing (I love this stuff)...


Coming soon: our first Publix GreenWise Market!
-->With an abundant array of natural and organic foods, earth-friendly products, and freshly prepared cuisine, as well as a staff of knowledgeable associates, this store will provide a deliciously thrilling shopping experience.

DELICIOUSLY THRILLING!?!?!?!?! Holy Shopping Carts Batman, I need to see this. I bet there will be more than one Hybrid Synergy Drive Prius Highlander parked in that parking lot. Part two of this story is the local coffee shop that is not Starbucks is located in what used to be a two door gas station that they cleaned out nicely, painted up in morose tones and put in an XM stereo tuned to Coffeehouse type music. Well they chose locations poorly because there is a large outdoor box store project going in across the street with a 900,000 square foot Book A Million-Joe Muggs Coffee Shop going in that will be finished in the next 2 months. Nothing like discount books and legal stimulants (that is from the character Joe Foxx in "You've Got Mail"). Anyways the propietor of Brewsters coffee shop has already throw up the surrender flag before the monster store has open. This morning there was a large for sale sign up in front of the store. I would feel bad for him, but to my critical eye he has never been truly enthusiastic about his endeavor. He was never open on Saturday and he never showed any creativity with his operation. Well, bring on the discount books, I am ready for a little variety.

3 comments:

Suzy Neal said...

What kinda coffee shop isn't open on Saturday? No wonder he is closing up, what a bonehead.

Is the Publix Greenwise market in your town? That would never work here in Albany.

pedalista said...

Regualr Publix that sells Greenwise stuff here in Sebring. The first Greenwise Store will be in Palm Beach Gardens which is 120 miles from here. I think I will hop in my large F-150 gas hog and drive down there to check out the deliciously thrilling shopping experience.

Clark said...

I can only say I hope the hooligans working the counter at your new Joe Muggs know how to make better coffee than the ones here. Everytime Suzy and I went for coffee to our local BAM, the coffee tasted burnt and nasty. So, go in with low expectations, and if they exceed, count your blessings, if they suck, well, you were forewarned!