Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Vacation holiday summer.....

what have I done with the first 10 days of a 16 day stretch of days off you ask? I mean really 16 days in a row is a lot of time to do a lot of fun important goof off type things. Well let me count the things.

1. Walked (ok bussed part of the way) to the top of Georgia.
2. Walked all the way back down from the top of Georgia (4700 plus feet)
3. Saw crazy guys in speedo's on bicycle's ride very fast DOWN the mountain.
4. Learned how to make real grits real tasty. Thanks Suzy!
5. Saw a LARGE dead alligator in the median of hwy 27 on the way to Hollywood (scared me because at first I thought he was alive and coming after me)
6. Visited my 95 YO grandmother.
7. Picked up a new-used Mini Cooper for my mom.
8. Picked up my cousin Rob from the airport in the new-used Mini Cooper.
9. Saw my cousin Jennifer for the first time in almost 10 years.
10. Fixed the broken power window on my truck (.05 cent piece that ended up costing $150)
11. Installed a satellite radio in moms new-used Mini Cooper.
12. Saw Iron Man the movie. Strong on CGI, a little week on story, still worth seeing.
13. slept.

I still have 5 days left, so i am planning at least one trip to some beach to chill out and read. And I have to fit in time to look for a new Casa Fred in South Florida. It is going to be a busy 5 days, but I will cram in as much as I can.

No comments: