Sunday, July 22, 2007

I only have good days and great days.

Today was a pretty good day. Spent the weekend up at the parents house helping them get settled into the new house and visiting grandma. Saturday evening my dad and I put together some Closetmaid brand garage cabinets and shelves. For the person who knows the business end of a power screwdriver, these are really top shelf cabinets and go together well, just remember they are not kidding when they say some assembly required. Then Sunday we went out to play a round of golf at the club with the Sunday morning regulars group. The game of the day was called Shambles. It is like a scramble but whoever's drive you use, you have to count their score for the whole hole. So there we are, a sunny warm Sunday morning, tanked the forst hole, but then we tightened up and started playing pretty well. I like this golf course a lot and the more I play it the better I like it. We cruise down to the 12th hole and my dad tee'd off first. This is a par three that was playing at 147 yards. They have a bunker directly in the front middle of the green and the pin today was right behind the bunker and close enough that you could not see the bottom of the stick. Dads shot was heading straight for the pin and dropped in real close from what we could see, but too many times before I have seen shots like that whuch end up in the bunker. I didnt see any sand fly, but I also didnt see the balls bounce. I teed up and played my shot pin high, but off the left side of the green. The two other gentlemen in the group tee'd off and both were just off the green near mine. We drove the carts around the back of the green and everyone grabbed their putters and walked over. My dad walked up to the pin and looked in the hole and saw his ball in there. It was a pretty exciting moment. 67 years old and playing lots of golf and fortunately I was there to see it and share the moment with him. There was a ball mark about 5 inches from the cup which means it hit, bounced and rattled into the hole. We finished out the round, did not finish in the money, but dad bought a round in the bar for everyone and we had a good time. I can only hope to hit a hole in one of my own some day.

1 comment:

Clark said...

Wow, cool! My Dad hit a hole in one during his club's Member Member tournament this year and won a 2 year lease on a Pontiac. Up until last year, you won the car, but they switched it to a 2 year lease deal. It was only the second time Dad hit one in all his years of playing. I bet you guys had a great day on the course, I know that has to be a great feeling.